Monday, June 24, 2013

Master Chef Day 2 !!!!

 WALT choose words that describe a moment (in an exciting way) for the reader
YOUR SIGNS OF SUCCESS
  • begins in the action
  • present tense (I am, not I was)
  • short, sharp sentences
  • strong verbs
  • uses the senses (look, feel, hear, taste, smell)
  • language features (simile, alliteration, onomatopoeia, metaphor)
  • show personality (sounds like you, humour, feelings, exaggeration)

Day 2:
For day two we had a really difficult challenge. We had to do Master chef.
We made Brunch , Lunch , Dinner and Dessert it was fun and we also had a limit of time. In that time we had to make our first meal which was brunch.
We had to present it nicely and we had to make it so they could taste the flavour. For brunch we made Chocolate Hot cakes with grated chocolate and Golden Syrup. For Lunch we made a sausage sizzle with spaghetti and cheese. The dinner was a bit hard but we made it and for dinner we made Potato Chips , Savoury Meat Patties and noodles with peas and bread. The dessert, , The dessert was fun and the name of our restaurant thing was :  Kaitawa Express. For dessert we had made Orange jello, Chocolate Pudding , Pineapple and Peaches. It was delicious.

Moment:
I rush into the kitchen dying to get the cup that we needed to pour the egg into. I say to Bree Peel the potatoes while I peel the carrots. “ If we do not start dinner now we will not have dinner ready in time for us and the judges to taste our wonderful dinner” I say to Bree. “ Can you go and cut the potatoes into chips while I go and see how the boys are doing on lunch please” Bree said to me. So Bree goes and checks on the boys to see how their doing.
I start on chopping up the potatoes into small thin pieces.
Then Bree comes back with the boys behind her. I say to Henry “ How did the sausages go are they burnt?”. “No they are not burnt” he said back to me.
We plate up everything with excitement. I get the judges ready and I plate up everyone elses. Then we eat. “ Now it is time to take up our dish” I thought in my mind. So I take the dish up to the judges and overall we got a six from both judges. I thought we still did good though.

Here Is Bree and me :




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...